Phone Died, Stuck in Reboot Loop

Last Updated:

1. droidrew

droidrew Active Member This Topic's Starter

Before I get into the issue, here is what I'm running:

BB v0.3 with xTheme 0.2
    P3Droid 1.2 LV

I've been rooted for quite some time to it. Not exactly an old pro, but I know my way around at this point.

At any rate, I decided to give the BatteryLeft widget a try today since I went to Fab's xTheme and it didn't have a battery percentage in the notification bar. The dev recommends that you let your phone completely discharge a few times so that it can accurately predict the remaining percentage and the time until the battery dies.

So I let the battery completely discharge and I connected it to my home wall charger to begin recharging. The problem I have been having is that my phone will not stay powered off and continually tries to boot up. I tried charging via car charger, USB and in the media dock and I had the same result.

The problem is that the phone won't charge long enough to stay powered on and continue to charge. The process of rebooting seems to prevent the phone from charging appropriately and uses up the small bit of the charge the battery gets for the 2-3 seconds before rebooting.

I tried rebooting into CWR and letting it sit to gather enough charge to stay up, but that doesn't seem to have worked either.

I'm at a loss for what to do. I can't get the phone to stay on to do anything, I can't get it to stay off to charge. I need help :(

Advertisement
  2. droidrew

PS - I posted this here because I fully discharged my battery while unrooted once and I didn't encounter this issue.

3. Knitewulf

Knitewulf Well-Known Member

Well isn't the phone supposed to turn on when its charging? I thought that was the case at least.

I don't know much you can do except buy another battery or just plug it into the charger for a day.

4. droidrew

Yeah, been on the charger for over two hours now and no progress. I can't get it out of the boot loop no matter what I try. It won't even sit in recovery long enough to do anything because the battery isn't taking a charge. I can't even take it in to BBM under Black Tie because I can't unroot the damn thing.

5. droidrew

Managed to get the phone to stay up by removing the battery during the bootup process. Got the phone back to stock 2.0.1 and I'm still having the same issue.

I guess at least I can take it in for repairs now...