• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone Died, Stuck in Reboot Loop

droidrew

Mar 22, 2010
Before I get into the issue, here is what I'm running:

BB v0.3 with xTheme 0.2
P3Droid 1.2 LV

I've been rooted for quite some time to it. Not exactly an old pro, but I know my way around at this point.

At any rate, I decided to give the BatteryLeft widget a try today since I went to Fab's xTheme and it didn't have a battery percentage in the notification bar. The dev recommends that you let your phone completely discharge a few times so that it can accurately predict the remaining percentage and the time until the battery dies.

So I let the battery completely discharge and I connected it to my home wall charger to begin recharging. The problem I have been having is that my phone will not stay powered off and continually tries to boot up. I tried charging via car charger, USB and in the media dock and I had the same result.

The problem is that the phone won't charge long enough to stay powered on and continue to charge. The process of rebooting seems to prevent the phone from charging appropriately and uses up the small bit of the charge the battery gets for the 2-3 seconds before rebooting.

I tried rebooting into CWR and letting it sit to gather enough charge to stay up, but that doesn't seem to have worked either.

I'm at a loss for what to do. I can't get the phone to stay on to do anything, I can't get it to stay off to charge. I need help :(

Yeah, been on the charger for over two hours now and no progress. I can't get it out of the boot loop no matter what I try. It won't even sit in recovery long enough to do anything because the battery isn't taking a charge. I can't even take it in to BBM under Black Tie because I can't unroot the damn thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones