Phone does a soft reset by itself

Last Updated:

1. Papoise

Papoise Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

when I'm using my phone for awhile I noticed that it does a soft reset on it's on is this suppose to happen.

Advertisement
  2. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people experience this. I've actually noticed mine reboot when its just been sitting on the table. It doesn't really bother me since an occasional reboot can be a good thing anyway. If my phone did it all the time or when I was in the middle of doing things then it might get frustrating.

3. apollomaker

apollomaker Well-Known Member

I have noticed that the USB port is sensitive to connection at times and causes a soft reset. Happened to me last night when I plugged the phone into my PC when the phone was running. It may just be a "feature" of the design. On the other hand, I should not have been switching a hot phone. Not the best of ideas :rolleyes: --- my bad, I guess.

Anyway, no harm done. I have not been able to duplicate a random soft reset again -- running the Fresh 2.0d ROM.

Regards :D

4. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

I have had my phone do this as well. No idea at all what causes it as it seems to be fairly random. I always wondered if anyone else's did this though, and now it appears I am not alone. Hasn't caused a problem for me yet at least.

5. xbrokdikdogx

xbrokdikdogx Well-Known Member

This usually happens when a piece of the necessary software is not working properly. For example, if you have the messaging widget on one of my Sense screens and you kill the process for the messenger as soon as you leave ATK or whatever task killer you are using it will usually do a soft reset. That was my experience when I was on 1.5 at least. In order to keep the Hero running back then I would use the scenes to separate what I was doing. If I was doing heavy texting, social stuff I used my social scene and wouldn't kill any of those processes. When I didn't need to text so much and was using the phone for games or calling more I had a scene for that and I could kill the messaging stuff and it wouldn't reboot.

edit: I also wanted to add that Sense and all it's widgets are very tightly integrated, so when running Sense this is much more likely to happen.

6. Papoise

Papoise Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Kit thanks for the help I thought something was wrong.

7. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Hey, no problem Papoise. Sorry I couldn't be more informative about what actually causes it, but hey, sometimes it's good just to know you're not alone. :) Brok, I don't use the scenes, ever, and it's rare when my phone does a soft reset, and I'm on stock 1.5. I also don't use the ATK anymore except to clear my browser, so maybe that's the difference.