Phone does not boot A85

Last Updated: 2012-05-14 13:22:57
  1. balajiindia

balajiindia New Member

Hi friends,

I installed the update 2.3.4 using igyaan steps and i had signal and ussd problems. So i thought of downgrading to 2.2 stock rom. While downgrading, the phone just restarted and now does not boot in. It just gives a vibrate and now a black screen. Tried NVFLASH method. Remove battery vol + and Vol - nothing worked out.

Phone just vibrates and stays in the black screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. love4chat

love4chat Member

Bro in ur switch off mode just open nvflash and select the stock 2.2 rom folder and uncheck those two and then in off mode just connect ur data cable with pc and tha flashing will start!!!
  3. applicationz

applicationz Well-Known Member

yes love4chat is right this works
    but if doesnot
    start the phone with volume up button for 5-7 approximately the phone will boot into ap mode but will not show so the phone is never bricked thanks to nvidia
  4. vibhakarl

vibhakarl Member

PLEASE HELP..............
    I followed the procedure above and got Cherry Mobile Boot Screen which I didnt liked hence I tried Reflashing it with MMX 2.2 stock Boot.img and balance Igyan 2.3.4 bundle....
    :eek::eek::(:(:(:(
    My device now is "DEAD" all I get is blank screen, it just gives a little vibration on pressing start button or when i connect it to charger and after that JUST BLANK SCREEN(not dark i.e on but grey but nothing else....)

Plz plz plz help me ...how to reverse the case...
    Please mail to mrvibhakar@gmail,com... urgent help
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  5. ansarimm

ansarimm Well-Known Member

vibhakarl.... remove your battery and reinsert it....
    follow these step:
    1. Press volume up buttom
    2. simultaneoulsy press power button (dont release volume up button)
    note : take care that u dont press power button first.. always first press volume up and then power.
    3.Continue pressing the button until green screen appears.
    4. As green screen appears release both the button simultaneosly.
    5. Connect the data cable and flash stock rom using NVflash(this time try applicationz 2.3.4 stable rom)
  6. zeus_hunt

zeus_hunt Active Member

Got a Scare myself..
    while playing with installing ClockWorkMod(CWM) Recovery (Shivakiran)
    I played with the nvflash command (not good idea :) )
    After which I could not turn ON the Phone.
    No Recovery Mode.. no Modes at all.
    No Vibration when pressing the Power or (Power + Vol Up)
    LCD not coming ON at all

Got me scared.. Pain to go to Service Center.

Then out of curiosity connected the Phone to Laptop.. and it was interesting to see NVIDIA Boot-recovery come up..
    So opened NvMultiDown and Voila.. Flash started working.

Tried Steps for Installing ClockWorkMod(CWM) Recovery again..
    and the same issue.

So flashed again using NvMultiDown

Now I am sure.. it is Difficult to Brick.. :)
  7. shivakiran

shivakiran Well-Known Member

Nvidia Powered phones cant be bricked so nothing to scare n service centre ppl doesnt know all dis stuff wat v r dng so better not to go n while flashing if anything goes wrong dnt worry just remove the battery n place it again n go to recovery mode if u r in cwm mode to change anything