• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone does not remember setting changes

Hello,

Let me start by saying that I've done a bit of reading on this (and a couple other) forum, and have not found a thread pertaining to the problems I've had with my epic touch 4g.

I got my phone through best buys black tie protection program, I think this is handset #4 and they have all come back brand new (refurbished) with issues. This particular handset will not remember particular settings like ring volume and display timer, and all have had the issue with the phantom option button pushing when switching from 4g to 3g. What I would like to do is blow away all of the files on the handset (not just system) and do a complete fresh install. I would highly appreciate it if somebody could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones