Phone does not switch to landscape when rotated horizonally?Support

Last Updated:

1. pittguy578

pittguy578 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure if this is a problem or if it has always been like this-I was out on Friday night and had my phone laying flat horizontally-I tried to get it into landscape mode by rotating-it wouldn't work. The only way I could get it to flip into landscape mode was to hold it vertically. Is there something wrong with my phone or am I imagining things?

Advertisement
  2. THORN74

THORN74 Well-Known Member

not sure which way u tilted, but landscape mode only works tilted to the left (the optical button on the right). if u tilted the other direction it will not work.

i have noticed it sometimes required a little shake to register but, i havent ever had totally fail to rotate yet.

3. redifrogger

redifrogger Well-Known Member

Nope. The sensors can't tell which way the phone is oriented to you when laying flat on a table. It needs to be held up to switch to landscape/portrait view.

4. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

You can rotate it vertically then place it on table. I do this with mine. As stated the sensor can't tell flat on the table where you are sitting. This is true on the iTouch, iPhone 3GS, and Moto Droid as well (Tested all, although if you pull out the keyboard moto droid will switch to landscape)

5. ximfinity

ximfinity Well-Known Member

menu->settings->Sound & display->G-Sensor Calibration

Follow instructions. Hopefully this helps you.