Phone does not turn onSupport

Last Updated: 2013-01-16 19:36:54
  1. kruzz902

kruzz902 Member

So I was out in the city last night and came home around 7am but then had an appointment to get my car brakes replaced early in the morning so I had no time to charge my phone (I forgot to bring my charger with me).. so eventually my phone died. When I finally got the chance to plug it in, nothing happened. No lights came one, no charging screen, nothing. I tried plugging it in both the computer and the wall outlet. I also tried switching batteries and the wires. Nothing worked. Any ideas of what happened and how to fix it? I don't mind getting it replaced but I just want to see if there's any way of getting it to work before I do that. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

seems like you tried everything already. The only thing you havent tried that I would try is holding down power and volume down at the same time. see you anything happens.
  3. kruzz902

kruzz902 Member

Tried that too :(
    It's okay, I'll just get it replaced. I could careless lol
  4. kruzz902

kruzz902 Member

So I called Verizon and asked the technical support lady and she said there's a trick to it. Sometimes when your battery drains all the way, the phone locks it up or something like that. You have to take the battery out, plug the phone into the wall adapter, hold down the power button for 10 seconds, take the charger out, put the battery back in, plug the charger back in, and it should work/charge. Quite a process for such a simple thing lol but I'm happy my phones back and running properly without having to get a replacement.
  5. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the trick with some older Dell workstations, they had an issue where the front would blink orange after a power failure, and you had to do something similar with the power button to "reset"/clear an error code on the power supply, or the computer would not turn back on.
  6. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

I actually knew about that trick but had completely forgot about it. I haven't encountered having to do that with my spectrum but I remember coming across that a couple times while troubleshooting my droid charge. Glad you got it fixed and thanks for updating us because it refreshed my memory :)
  7. techmomof2

techmomof2 New Member

Thanks A Million for post. I had the exact same problem this morning with my LG. It worked.
  8. megaghostgamer

megaghostgamer Well-Known Member

That happened to me once but I saw a post where it said drop it on carpet and I did and it turned on.. :-D
  9. reeseboy

reeseboy Well-Known Member

LOL nice...
  10. aaronp121

aaronp121 Well-Known Member

I remember a different problem with my phone on march 2012 year. Phone booted good and I can see led is on, but screen won't turn on. Used MHL cable to HDTV I can see Lock screen and able to use touchscreen. This means LCD screen was broken. Replaced with refurbished. Works good now.
    IMUcarmen likes this.