Phone does not wake upSupport

Last Updated:

1. soulstar

soulstar New Member This Topic's Starter

Noticed this happen about 2-3 times since I got the phone on launch day... In fact, it just happened again. Was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

I've noticed sometimes when I leave my phone alone (standby, screen turned off, etc) and try to wake my phone, the phone does not power back on at all. And yes, battery still has a good amount of charge left.

I can press the power/wake button but no response. No unlock screen, nothing. I hold the power/wake button and it does not boot either. Only a battery pull will allow the phone to boot go back to normal again.

Anyone have this problem before?

Advertisement
  2. denimjunkie82

denimjunkie82 Member

This just happened to me today. I had a notification on twidroid...then 10 mins later i went to check on my phone and it wouldn't wake up. my track ball still kept blinking. A battery pull fixed it.

Now that im thinking back at it, i should have called my phone too to see if it would pick up a call, and maybe some more testing. oh well.

3. Markdental

Markdental Well-Known Member

Happened to me a few times. Haven't had it happen for a while.

4. versp

versp Active Member

Happened to twice in a row on my Galaxy S, immediately after rooting it just now.

I did try calling it, and although I didn't go straight to the answerphone (phone's in a coma?), there was no sign of life from the phone.

Has anyone found some sort of fix or even a reason for this?