Phone Doesn't Ring - Smart Sensor TroubleSupport

Last Updated:

1. kramerica

kramerica Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After using the "smart profile" (menu-settings-sound & display settings-smart profile: face down) I immediately started to notice that my phone would only vibrate even with volume at it's highest and the vibrate option OFF. I checked around here and finally found that it's becoming a larger issue and the culprit seems to be the "face down" option and potentially the "double tap" option under this profile.

Once you check the face down option, it eliminates your ringtone no matter where, what, how, when you put it on/off/added/etc.

The only known fix right now is to factory reset the phone and not use the face down option which, of course, sucks. There have been some troubleshooters on the Motorola forums trying to diagnose and pinpoint any issues that might cause it other than the profile, but seem to come up with the same conclusion.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/32547?start=0&tstart=0

There is a thread on droidforums as well, but not so in depth. So, if you are in the same boat as me and others with the X, there at least seems to be an identified culprit.

I am going to do a factory reset in a couple minutes and let you know if that fixed the problem. If I happen to be the only person on this forum with this problem, then that also sucks.

UPDATE: I did the factory reset and it did work where my phone does ring again. Sucks that this is the only real solution right now, but I luckily had the time before it continued to annoy me to a breaking point.

Advertisement