• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone downloading pics?

Hello, me again!

All of a sudden everytime I open certain apps (BBC iPlayer, sky sports news etc) my phone decides to download all the pictures from that app & store them in my photo album ?!?!

Any ideas on how to make this stop please?

It sounds like the .nomedia files have been deleted. Did you use any cleaning apps recently? .nomedia makes the gallery ignore pics and videos from within the directory the the .nomedia file is located.
You may want to try to readd the .nomedia files with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.droida.nomedia&hl=en
EDIT: You can also try this method, but it is alot more work: http://www.androidpit.com/how-to-hide-whatsapp-photos-from-gallery
good luck.

Just one of the many glitches that come with android.. that happens to me from time to time... Just another glitch just like why is it that all of a sudden there are doubles in Ur phone book?

You may have multiple accounts with the same contacts. This can occur with Facebook, multiple google accounts, Outlook, Sim card, etc. To fix this, just open the People (Contacts) app and select Phonebook in the upper left corner. Deselect the accounts the accounts you don't need.

Upvote 0
I'm one step ahead of u .. Been there done that.. Once in a while I'll go through my contacts and there are doubles in there and also names and numbers of ppl I don't even know.. I'll delete and all is good for a while then BAM! same thing all over again sometime... Everyone knows that android is filled with silly glitches. Been going on for yrs with me, my friends ppl I talk to all say the same thing

Upvote 0
For the duplicate contacts, when in your contacts list, the word Phonebook in the top left is a drop down box. In that it'll let you select which services show your contacts so if you have multiple email accounts or even other apps all selected they'll all show up :thumb:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones