Phone Dropped in water!General

Last Updated:

1. boijay

boijay Active Member

So it finally happened to me, dropped it in water by accident, just the top half. I turned off the phone, smacked it around to get the water out, re-powered it on, and it worked, but got stuck on headphone mode, so you could only hear stuff through the headphones. Then like 30mins later, it started tripping and none of the swype gestures were working, or rather they were delayed like 20mins, and all of the previous gestured occured at the same time...I have no idea what to do now.

Choice 1:Brick the phone and return it to metro because i have insurance?
    Choice 2:Return it for water damaged, or other excuses to either get a new one or a different phone?
    (99$ for deductible or LG Motion for 150$)

I need your guy's opinions asap!
    Thanks for reading guys.

Advertisement
  2. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

3. battleox146

battleox146 New Member

dont brick it and return it to metro they will probably look at it and notice the water damage (because they have like little white pieces of paper or something to show it) so it might not look good on youre end to them.
  4. boijay

boijay Active Member

thanks for the help guys
    But what if i shook all or most the water out already?
    the unresponsiveness is so irritating! :p
  5. dozer5900

dozer5900 Well-Known Member

My rice trick worked lol its good as new. Yea they have this white paper that if it shows a red line across it. It means it got wet. If your sim gets damaged with water they can fix it at authorized retailer.
  6. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have turned it on until all the moisture was out. Rice is a good thing to use for that.

Sent from my typewriter.
  7. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

EDIT: whoops i posted in the wrong post. i thought i was on the other post. sorry.