Phone dropping off network

Last Updated:

1. origdav

origdav Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

For some reason my phone randomly drops off the network and when people call me they go straight to voice mail while the phone doesn't ring at all. I still have 3 / 4 bars and can receive text messages so I'm not sure what's wrong.

It seems to have started since I've started using the Airplane mode but this could be a coincidence.

Please help!

David

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

When in 2g/gsm you can't use voice and data at the same time

origdav likes this.
  3. origdav

How would I know when I'm in a 2g area? What are my choices then, turn off data? To clarify I wasn't browsing the Internet while people have tried calling / left voice mails.

I've even switched the phone off, back on, waited a couple of minutes then rang the phone and it's gone straight to voice mail without ringing?!

4. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

You'll see G when on 2g. If your phone is using data, as in background stuff this will cause issues like you've had

origdav likes this.
  5. origdav

I've just tested this and it seems your right. How rubbish is that!? I'm surprised I've not read about this before...

6. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Only Vodafone users are immune as the network kills data when routing a call

7. HPP

HPP New Member

Hummm, with Vodafone , I do have a problem. The reception is very bad with Vodafone. I keep on having no network in place I use to have with my old phone which requires me to turn off HTC desire and switch on again to get some bars.

8. EmperorKabir

EmperorKabir Well-Known Member

I permanently force mine into 3g. Settings, wireless and networks, WCDMA only. Drains more battery but I cannot stand phones switching constantly.