Phone Dying at 50%+ battery?Support

Last Updated: 2012-03-03 18:52:12
  1. zachavm

zachavm Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

I've been experiencing my triumph dying "prematurely" recently. I'm curious if I need a new battery. Is the phone dying when the battery meter shows a high value a sign of a bad battery? I'm not even making it through a day recently.

Also, I'm running MIUI. I don't know if this is contributing or causing a problem.

Advertisement
  2. dumbfounded

dumbfounded New Member

I would try re-calibrating in Clockwork. Advanced-->Wipe Battery Stats.

Or you could check out this app on the Market that'll help you through the process.
  3. wonshikee

wonshikee Well-Known Member

The battery stat is used primarily to see the battery usage.

The actual battery % isn't calculated off that.

Do try re calibrating the battery - but it does sound like a bad battery.
  4. zachavm

If it's a bad battery, any suggestions on a good reasonably priced replacement?
  5. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

If it's an OEM battery VM should give you a replacement for free. Just tell them what's up.
  6. ziggy46

ziggy46 Well-Known Member Developer

And if they can't get you a battery, I got a spare that I could possibly send you
  7. zachavm

Well, this is happening every day, so I definitly think it's a bad battery.

Would you know what number to call? I thought if you didn't have insurance it was pretty much just the manufacture warranty.

Thanks a lot, I'll let you know if I have the need.
  8. thebluedot

thebluedot Member

Also, I don't know if you are already running this but, when you get your battery back in working order, Juice Defender worked wonders for my battery life. I just use the free version and it gave me massssssive improvements on my battery life.
  9. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

You can try this number: 1-888-322-1122 It's the one on their site to talk to a live representative. If that isn't it then I don't know. I've never done it before.
  10. zachavm

wow, my phone won't even stay on if its off the charger. I think we know what the problem is.
  11. ecarlson

ecarlson Well-Known Member

Have you tried removing the battery for a minute? And, the phone has a 1 year warranty with Virgin Mobile.
  12. zachavm

Horray! New battery on it's way!