Phone EchoGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Both my wife and I have Incredibles so the first thing I did when I noticed was ask if she had experienced it too.

Anyway, sometimes when talking on the phone I get an echo of my own voice in the ear piece. This is not always consistent during a call and may be then when i start and go away or may come in during the call. I was talking to my friend last night and it happened at the beginning and towards the end of the call. Is anyone else experiencing this? It happens on mine and my wife's phone.

Is it a Verizon issue (didn't happen on my old Verizon phones), a software issues, or something with our two phones. both shipped out of the West Chester, PA facility.

Advertisement
  2. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member

It's a Verizon issue - happens with all phones and it seems to be pretty random. My BB did it, my wife's phone did it, my mother's "dumb" phone did it...

3. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Most likely latency during that particular call, due to anything from tower congestion, being connected to multiple towers, or other signal interference:

What is Echo in VoIP?

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Know what you mean. I've had this happen several times already with the DI, maybe happened a couple times in 2 years with my Curve. Not sure I'm sold on the radio really. Not horrible but I've experienced better.