1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Phone enters car mode randomly while chargingSupport

1. flarn2006

flarn2006 Active Member

Every once in a while when I'm charging my phone, it goes into car mode (with the large 6-button menu.) That's annoying enough, but then when I exit car mode, every time I make or answer a call the speakerphone is on by default. That makes sense for while it's in car mode, but it still happens after I exit car mode. How do I stop this? I googled this and all I could find was stuff about nearby magnets making it think it's in a car dock, but I don't think there are any near where I put my phone. It also seems to turn off occasionally while it's charging, and I need to wait for it to boot up again.

Can anyone think of any way to fix this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

Are you using any cables to charge that are not from HTC for the bolt? Sometimes cables or plugs can cause issues if they are for a different phone.
  3. flarn2006

flarn2006 Active Member

I bought the cable on eBay, but it was specifically sold as an HTC Thunderbolt cable. I'm not sure about the plug. But is there a way to turn off the feature where it automatically goes into car mode?
  4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

It is probably an issue with the charger you are using. The phone shouldn't be going into car mode while charging at all it isn't a feature that can be toggled. Try using the stock charger see if that resolves the issue.
  5. Jrocker23

Jrocker23 Well-Known Member

Yes some non official car chargers or plug in chargers will do that. Also any company can put on their products "For Thunderbolt" as long as it fits and charges but it doesn't mean it is actually the exact fit or charging power..
  6. robrecht

robrecht Well-Known Member

Could also be a bent or loose pin in the charging port. The OEM car dock has a slightly different pin arrangement than a standard microUSB connection, and this is what triggers the car mode. There are a couple of work-arounds to turn car mode on/off. I think the easiest way to do this is with the Wave Launcher program launcher. But I would still find out if you have bent or loose pin.