Phone factory resets everytime I cut it off, plus zero internal memorySupport

Last Updated:

1. mdot1105

mdot1105 New Member This Topic's Starter

Recently my the screen stoped working on my phone so I pulled the battery to get it back working. After I put it back in the phone was completely reset, no contacts, no messages, no email, no downloads. I use google sync to recover all my contacts and such but when I cut the phone off and cut it back on again it is completely reset again and this trends continues time and time again. :confused:. and to make matters worse its saying that I have zero internal memory to install my apps again from the marketplace. :mad:

Someone please help.
    Thank You

Advertisement
  2. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

Take your phone to the Sprint store and get a new one. You probably got some bad app on your device and it is gunking things up.

3. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

It sounds like the phone is doing a hard reset on its own, not good at all. Did you recently flash this phone to 2.1 or cl14? If so, maybe a bad flash that can be re done? If not, you could try doing your own hard reset (menu>settings>privacy>factory data reset) but I doubt it's going to help. Unless it's a bad flash that you can correct yourself, I would take it/send it back to Sprint for a replacement. Good luck!

4. mdot1105

mdot1105 New Member This Topic's Starter

If the cl14 is the new update that they put out a few months ago thats what I did. But it's been working fine since then until yesterday. I was playing the sega genesis emulator and I recieved a phone call, next thing I know my screen is blank and nothing will come on so I took the battery out, now we're here.

5. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

Ah, more info. Do a factory data reset and see if that fixes things. You'll have to install and set everything up again, but from the sound of things, you should be an expert at that by now. The problem could be a bug in the emulator or even something to do with the ripped rom it was running.