phone flips out when using headphone jack, halp!General

Last Updated:

1. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Trying to use an fm transmitter and panora just constantly skips songs and then the voice dialer comes up and then it randomly calls a contact. Anyone know how to disable whatever feature lets it receive commands via jack?

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

I noticed if you push in a headphone jack too far, it thinks it has a headset connected, too.. Just fiddle with it a little bit and it should stop. I use my FM transmitter in my car constantly and don't have this problem, but when I tried some earbuds it happened a couple times (jogging).

3. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Unfortunately that doesnt help. Any less in and it doesnt detect a connection.

4. mcatrage

mcatrage Member

I've had the same problem. Seems to be random for me and sometimes the fix is just to unplug the cable and replug so incredible doesn't think you have a mic.

Hope a real fix comes about, I tried disabling voice dialer but I can't seem to find a way to do that.

5. belash

belash Active Member

There is a plausible fix.

First, I was experiencing the same problems as listed in this thread: http://androidforums.com/htc-incred...d-incredible-doing-some-very-strange-s-t.html

I am waiting on a new 3.5mm cable to arrive from monoprice.com in an effort to troubleshoot and hopefully fix it.

Second, I have a pair of very expensive headphones that I have played hours and hours of songs with 0 problems. My setup includes using the third party apps MixZing and Pandora.

I personally think you may have a bad cable. However, there is a LOT more information on similar issues in this thread: http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-incredible/72913-music-player-skipping-cause.html

If you figure out the problem, please let us know;)