Phone freezesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had to do a battery pull every day for 3 days now. Stupid thing freezes and will not respond to touch.

Advertisement
  2. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member

It's happened to me once in awhile--maybe every two weeks.

3. KinderwoodLabs2

KinderwoodLabs2 Member

It was suggested to me to take the phone in for a complete software reload (not the same as a factory/master reset). I'm not making a claim that it will work, but it makes sense and, if I hadn't already solved my issues via another route, I'd have given it a try. Yes, you will likely lose all your apps, etc. Good luck!

4. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

The OTA update in January should have fixed this issue. I have not had any freezing issues since.

5. mimmic

mimmic Well-Known Member

I've been having the same problem. Screen turns on and off just fine but will not respond to touch.

6. falexs

falexs Well-Known Member

I had the same issue with my original Eris, specially right after a call. I called Verizon and told them about the issue, frequency, what I was doing before and after. The rep was pretty cool about it and sent me a new Eris, he said that they did not have refurbs yet (this was in mid Jan). New one still has the typical issues, but is extremely faster and more reliable than the original.

7. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

So bring it in or call Verizon and get another.

8. JPYoung

JPYoung New Member

First, you can reset the phone by hitting the Green Phone button, red phone button, and volume up simultaneously.

Second, do you, by chance, have Good for Enterprise installed and running? I had this same problem when I had to use that for work. I tried to work with Good on the issue, but they were convinced it wasn't them, of course. I went through multiple testing phases with it installed and not installed and the problem was consistent (a few times per day) whenever GFE was on the phone.