Phone freezing and not booting - fixTips

1. Gregu

Gregu New Member

Hi.

I've recently had a problem with phone freezing. Usually the reboot helped (battery out or power button for approx. 7 seconds), but once I went into the worrying "unable to boot" problem. After each attempt to boot the phone was stuck just after the animated Samsung logo.

Here is how I fixed it (may work if you have a similar problem):
    - boot into recovery mode by powering on your device (Power key only!) and pressing Volume-Up and Home key on the splash screen showing "Samsung Galaxy R" static logo (release Power key, press Vol-Up+Home until you see "booting recovery" in white on top of the screen)
    - choose option "Wipe cache" (Vol-Up/Vol-Down to move across options), confirm (Home key)
    - reboot

Note: you will loose (as far as I found out by now):
    - date & time (can be automatically updated by the network)
    - stored WiFi connection configuration

Good luck!

Advertisement
    CMB73, LilBit, nikash and 4 others like this.
  2. linussk

linussk Member

Which region do you belong to ?
    Does your tips apply to all the region phones ?
  3. Gregu

Gregu New Member

linussk, my phone is the European version (I hope this is what you mean by region), but it should work for all versions. This has been the standard feature of Samsung firmware for some time now.
    mysticspiral likes this.
  4. reymysterio7

reymysterio7 New Member

Thanks Gregu. I faced the same problem today and on googling lot of users speculated it to be a motherboard issue. Thankfully I came across your post and its working fine now.

Cheers!

UPDATE : Actually that dint solve the issue. I have tried everything possible - flash stock ROM, Flash other ROMs, Factory reset, wipe cache, dalvik cache, wipe battery stats. The only thing i dint do is throw my phone.

One thing i observed is the phone shutsdown when there is low signal or fluctuation in signal. I'm gonna take it to the dreaded service center tomo and i think today is the last day with my galaxy R.
    mysticspiral likes this.
  5. narayanank

narayanank New Member

Thanks a lot ....... Works perfectly .............thankssssssssssssssss a lotttttttttt once again ....
  6. janice0220

janice0220 New Member

Ths it worked!!
  7. ankygautam

ankygautam New Member

hi,

i tried to put it in recovery mode by pressing

powering on your device (Power key only!) and pressing Volume-Up and Home key on the splash screen showing "Samsung Galaxy R" static logo (release Power key, press Vol-Up+Home until you see "booting recovery" in white on top of the screen)

my phone get struct to "booting android recovery " for so long .. its not getting further loading ..

what should i do now .. i really frustuted with this phone :(
  8. farazonnet

farazonnet New Member

Thanks a Lot!!! Worked like a charm.
  9. nikash

nikash New Member

Thanks a ton.....it worked for me............
  10. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Wow, look at all the brand new members - welcome to the forums, folks! :)
    CMB73, mysticspiral and LilBit like this.
  11. CMB73

CMB73 New Member

My phone has been dead for about 4 months. Searched and found this page followed the direction and it worked like a charm. My phone took a swim in the sink and i thought for sure it was a goner. Thanks for the help.