• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Freezing and Reseting

I have the same problem with my phone also the phone came with 2.2.1. I took it back to the metropcs store and they are going to replace it for me. They were out of the optimus m so i have to wait until monday. Ill let you know if it keeps happening with the new phone.

well i got my new phone today but its on 2.2 not 2.2.1 like the other was but if it still happens ill let you know

Upvote 0
Well I'm not sure of others experiences but I can say the this seems to be a common problem with a large batch of the stock 2.2.1 phones. Mine actually flipped out after a week.

I took it back to Metro and they handed me a new one, no questions asked. The nicest part about the entire ordeal is that the new one they handed me was 2.2 so no alternate rooting steps to go through(not that they are hard, it's just easier with Z4Root,lol.)

The guy at Metro that helped me said he's been getting a lot of the 2.2.1's back so I'm thinking there's a bad lot out there from LG.

Upvote 0
Thank you for these threads!! I'm having same issue, and additionally if I try to edit a contact & enter B'day for example, it assigns a day "near" the one I entered, but not the exact date??!! I went to one MetroPCS store yesterday & person there did some "correcting" (?), but still shutting off & rebooting on it's own 6 to 7 times it a few hours. That store gave me the "Corporate" store location & will head there today.

Upvote 0
me tooo same thing I had a rooted 2.2 but is stolen so I paid 85bux to get another and it had 2.2.1 and its been freezing and rebooting with no hello hello so I think I will try to take mine back and maybe I'll get lucky and it will have 2.2 as well!!! it was just sooo much easier to root i AM SCARED TO TRY IT ON THIS ONE LEST I BRICK IT ..i JUST THOUGHT IT WAS ALL THE CRAPWARE BUT OBVIOUSLY NOT
THANX GUYS:)

Upvote 0
First "correction" they made to my phone was to remove all but one Gmail acct and that certainly resolved most problems; I had inadvertently applied the "Sync" mode to both Gmail accts & it was freaking the phone out!
HOWEVER, then today my phone shut off completely & they only way I was able to restart was by removing & replacing battery. SO, on my FOURTH visit at this point, I insisted on a replacement, which they kindly did. I was fortunate that they had ONE last Optimus left (still a 2.2.1, but it's working)!! Will update if any further issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones