phone freezing up randomly, and have to take out battery to restart?

Last Updated:

1. onilink

onilink Active Member This Topic's Starter

Today my phone has been randomly freezing up, once in dolphin browser, and once in a game called drop.

each time the phone screen freezes, and i cant do anything and none of the buttons work. i turn off the display by hitting the top button, then it wont come back on ever, so had to take out battery and restart phone.

any idea whats causing this? i've had the phone since june 4th, and today is the first time this happened and its happened twice...

Advertisement
  2. onilink

it just did it again, except it force closed - in dolphin browser. then tried skyfire and tried loading a page - another short freeze and then force close.

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I can't really help - other than to say that it happened to me once, third day I had it. I then went and removed all of the apps I wasn't 100% sure of - and Dolphin was one of those.

When it happened to me, I was doing several things at once, including browsing.

The stock browser may not be perfect, but it is pretty good - and who knows what 2.2 will bring?

But - the real reason I'm writing is to suggest that you can press power+volume to get it do a soft boot - if it's not THAT locked up. Don't know if it'll work for this problem, personally, just reaching out with a suggestion.

4. onilink

thanks, i will try that next time

5. boriqua2000

boriqua2000 Well-Known Member

having the same problem.happens randomly

6. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

sometimes in an app that is supposed to keep the phone from sleeping my display shuts off, and when I turn it back on I am greeted by my wallpaper and the status bar at the top, but no unlock slider, none of the buttons work except display on/off, long press on the display button does nothing different from a short press. this happened 3 times yesterday to me, and the only fix is to remove the battery. I DID get a phone call one time when my phone was locked like this, I was able to receive the call and talk to the caller, but still could not get into the phone, during or after the call.