Phone Froze For The First Time =\Support

Last Updated:

1. kstuffer

kstuffer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

just ended a call. phone froze up. i could see a dim image of the screen but nothing was happening. tried power button etc for 5 minutes. had to pull battery out. pulled tab off when i first got phone so i had to resort to my knife. cut the battery a little bit getting it out.

feels bad man.

anyone else have your phone completely freeze?

Advertisement
  2. haticK

haticK Well-Known Member

ive had it freeze a couple times due to something with the voice recognition thing not starting up properly but it ends up working again and asks me if i want to wait or force close it

3. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

Yep...the voice thing has got me too...also I have had to reboot my phone because the headphone jack would not work but after reboot it works...:mad:

4. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I am waiting on a replacement for multiple freeze ups and reboots. It happens at different times I can't pinpoint what causes it but besides all that it is a great device!

5. blown-droid

blown-droid Active Member

same here.

6. wharpig

wharpig Well-Known Member

I am going on almost 1 month and havent had a freeze up yet...knock on wood...but I do power on/off my phone every couple days. My old BB I was lucky to not get a reboot almost daily.

7. kstuffer

kstuffer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

do you do that just because? I just keep my phone on. maybe it will help.

8. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

go my replacement phone on Friday. I've been using the hell out of it, with no freezes! :D I'm loving this phone right now.

9. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

swype freezes my phone at least once a week.

10. whitrome

whitrome Member

Had my X for 3 weeks now, yesterday had my first freeze. Had to battery pull, diffuicult since my tab was also pulled out-not even by me, by my techie friend who I trusted to set it up better than I would, grr. Anyway, it then took more than 7 minutes to boot up, and has frequently been laggy and rebooted on it's own since then, with multiple missed calls occuring. Looks like I know where I'll be spending my lunch break today :(

11. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

I have had mine for 4 weeks today, and never had a freeze until I read this thread! Had one last night. I was logged into Facebook, walked away for a sec, came back to see my browser had closed and I was on my homescreen, but nothing worked until I pulled the battery. Hope that doesn't happen again...you people need to stop with these jinx threads!:eek: