• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Frozen after Restore

So i restored my phone to a previous nandroid backup and when i went to boot my phone, its now stuck at the boot screen.... So I rebooted it back into recovery, and tried restoring a backup i know works, but same thing again. How does this happen?!? I did change the folder names that the backups were in so I didn't get confused, for example one I named one Fresh 1.1 w/ gumbo, etc. Could this corrupt the backup and if so is there anyway for me to restore the previous folder name to fix this..?

So i restored my phone to a previous nandroid backup and when i went to boot my phone, its now stuck at the boot screen.... So I rebooted it back into recovery, and tried restoring a backup i know works, but same thing again. How does this happen?!? I did change the folder names that the backups were in so I didn't get confused, for example one I named one Fresh 1.1 w/ gumbo, etc. Could this corrupt the backup and if so is there anyway for me to restore the previous folder name to fix this..?

Ok, kinda ran into this myself.

This is what I did, and you should try.

Boot into recover, create a new backup.

After that backup is created, mount your SD to your computer.

NOW, in that new backup folder, it should be HTCxxxxxx or something along those lines, and take a previous good known backup, and go into the subfolder, and copy the BDS-XX-XXX or whatever it says, into the subfolder of the HTCXXXXX backup. NOW, unmount your SD and go to try and restore.

See if that works, if you have any issues, post back up or send me a private message. Goodluck.

Oscar

Reactions: clfblackhawk
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones