Phone frozen in idle! What the crap?

1. digitalzombie

digitalzombie Well-Known Member

I just posted a thread about 20 minutes ago about my battery. Whatever. It was fine. Took a couple more shots of the battery usage screen with ShootMe and emailed them to myself. It's been plugged into the wall charger since before I posted the thread. I went to double-check the menu setting name and the screen wouldn't come back on. Unplugged it from the charger the nothing has changed... the amber charge light is still on and tapping/holding the power button does nothing!

What the hell's going on? I'm afraid to pull the battery after all the recent bricked phones, but I haven't updated my software yet. Please help.

Advertisement
  2. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

It may have just crashed, just take the battery out and let it restart. Also the update is live again and is said should not cause bricking anymore. Give it a go.
  3. digitalzombie

Thanks. Pulled the battery and it's up and running again. I've been spoiled by this phone so far so the thought of it just crashing like that didn't occur to me.
  4. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

Ive used a Task Killer and i have noticed the more i Play with it and run alot of apps it does slow down. Sometimes a soft reboot can freshen things up. Just as any computer you have to reboot sooner or later.
  5. digitalzombie

The way I understood it, I thought task killlers were a no-no accept in "You're stealinz all mah RAMZ" situations?
  6. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Well if you like the behavior the previous poster talked about, they are great. Don't want stuff constantly slowing down, don't use one.