Phone Fusion not working? and I hate Verizons MarketSupport

Last Updated:

1. Buckwild

Buckwild Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone gotten Phonefusion's Visual Voicemail working on their Incredible?

I had it working fine on my G1 with Tmobile but with Verizon when I try to do the call forwarding, the phone hangs up on the initial call.

On an unrelated note, the Incredible's Market app tab has Verizon on there. On my G1 the 3rd tab was for the programs that I had installed on my phone. Now I can't keep track of all of the apps that I have installed. Am I missing something here?

Advertisement
  2. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

The market on the Incredible is probably a bit different than your G1 since it's running 2.1.

To see your installed apps, open the market and hit menu. Select downloads. It will list your apps.

Buckwild likes this.
  3. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

Try hitting Menu from the Market. Is Downloads the second option?

Buckwild likes this.
  4. Buckwild

Haha thanks guys. I'm still getting used to the interface even though I've had my G1 for about 14 months. Never needed to hit the menu button before while in Market.

Any ideas on the PhoneFusion question??

5. Rubik76

No clue. I've used Verizon's VVM app, although it has plenty of issues.

I just searched PhoneFusion to install it on my 2.1 Eris so I could help you out, but the description on the Market is so badly written, I don't feel safe installing it :p.

6. Buckwild

Haha, thanks for trying though. I had it working on my G1 and it worked great.

Apparently you're supposed to call some number to activate call forwarding so that Verizon will forward the voicemails to Phone Fusion. This sounded fishy to me so I tried downloading another visual voicemail program called Youmail. And Youmail did the same thing. So I guess that's just standard operating procedure for 3rd party visual voice mail apps?

I would go through and try to get it working. Like I said, I used it for over a year on my G1 and it worked great. Of course I also want to see if you can get it working :)

7. Rubik76

Have you tried the Verizon app? It's $2.99 a month, and I have had issues getting VM to download at times, but it might be an option for you.

8. eleazar

eleazar Well-Known Member

I'd personally just buy a Google Voice invite (or find one from a nice person). It's free and will work much better than any other voicemail solution (other than maybe the $2.99 VZW app). It is integrated perfectly with Android and includes free transcription! :)

9. Buckwild

True I do have a google voice account already. But I use it for my business number. But the majority of my calls are for my personal number.

10. benson304

benson304 Well-Known Member

You probably did that on the G1 and don't remember it. You have to forward your voicemail calls to another source to get it to work.

11. phonefusionsupport

phonefusionsupport New Member

Hi PhoneFusion support here.

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem with our Fusion Voicemail Plus service.

If you would like to contact us @ support at phonefusion dot com we will be happy to help you out.

We have seen no problems running our service on Android 2.1 phones.

Thank you

Deena