• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Fusion Visual Voice Mail App

rodhull

Lurker
Apr 13, 2010
Has anyone else tried this?

I'm with T-Mobile in the UK, and voicemail isn't included in my minutes, so I get charged to access it - thought I'd try one of the voicemail apps on the market to get round this issue (seeing as my data plan is "unlimited" albeit with a 3Gb FUP).

I first tried HulloMail, but just didn't get on with the app, really. I could never get the messages to play out of the earpiece on my Desire, and it was just generally not as nice as the next app I tried:

I've now been playing with PhoneFusion Visual Voicemail which seems to work pretty well, although I don't seem to receive SMS notifications when a voicemail has been left - e-mail notification to Gmail works fine, and if I manually sync the Android app, that works too, but I thought that I should be receiving SMS notifications too?

E-mail and app updating is all well and good, but if I'm out of data-range service and someone leaves a message, it would be nice to receive an SMS (which needs very little signal to get through).

The PhoneFusion ticket support hasn't been very useful thus far (but it is free, so I can't expect much!).

Has anyone else had this problem, or has a fix, or has a better alternative?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones