Phone gets really hot when chargingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. zacharykr

zacharykr New Member

My phone has been getting very hot while charging. Like battery temps in the 50-51C range within half an hour or so of being plugged in. Wondered if anyone else was noticing this. I assume it's not normal as it is almost too hot to pick up when it has been charging for a while.

Advertisement
  2. anguish

anguish Well-Known Member

Are you using the stock charger?
  3. zacharykr

zacharykr New Member

Yup. Stock HYC charger, which gets hot too, but I expect that. It's been really hot here and I don't have a/c, but I don't figure I should have to charge my phone in a refrigerator to keep it from overheating.
  4. anguish

anguish Well-Known Member

Ambient temperature can make a difference, and not in a positive way. Make sure you're not on a rheostat too. I smoked a charger (and nearly the phone too) once before because it was trying to draw too much current when set improperly.

I would also try a completely different outlet too.
  5. zipster100

zipster100 New Member

The first week I had mine, I had no issues with battery temp or life. In the past few days I have started to experience the charging heat you mention and I am getting bad battery life. Have you noticed the same?
  6. zacharykr

zacharykr New Member

Yup, that's exactly what I'm noticing. No problems early on, but it's gotten hotter over time.

I'll try out a different outlet and see if that makes a difference.