Phone gets very hot and battery drains

1. emmamac

emmamac Member

Hi
    had my desire since the first release date and everything was fine until a few days ago when my phone was very hot and the battery life was about 5 hours from full charge.
    I think it is something running in the background i have been into settings then checked to see what was running everything seemed fine so i am a little stuck, is there an app to see whats running.

And last but not least how long does your battery last.

THANKS ALL
    LEGY
    EMMA

Advertisement
  2. DanC

DanC Active Member

Have you got your phone synced to a Flickr account?

I had a similar problem and deleting the Flickr sync fixed it for me.
  3. emmamac

emmamac Member

No just facebook but have not had any issues with that in the past.
  4. weirdNumber

weirdNumber Well-Known Member

The only time I experience the phone getting hot and the battery running down when not doing much is when I have the screen set to quite a high level of brightness.
    If I choose the brightest option from the power manager widget for example.
  5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Is bluetooth, wifi and/or GPS on or off?
  6. DanC

DanC Active Member

A task killer from the market will be able to give you a list of what's running.

Have you installed many apps? It might be worth listing the ones you've got.
  7. emmamac

emmamac Member

just my normal apps running and gps and so on not on.
    If there is a fault with the phone its not a problem to send phone for repair but asking you guys just in case i am doing something wrong,
  8. PJD

PJD Well-Known Member

I do a lot of surfing via WiFi that is the only time my phone can get quite hot but once WiFi it is turned off it soon cools down
  9. gie62001

gie62001 Well-Known Member

on your dialpad press *#*#4636#*#* go to battery history, and check all the parameters mainly Other usage and make it since either last boot or since unplugged and it will show what processes are running and keeping your phone awake or draining your battery.
    or else you can plug your phone with your pc and use ADB logcat to trace the services running, ok? would write more in details however have to go to work.
    people help him/her with this issue
    All Thumbs likes this.
  10. AutoPilot

AutoPilot New Member

I too have this symptom now. But, it only started when i added a movie from my PC. The movie size was 700mb, mp4 format. (aware that there is a 2gb size limit). Have checked running servies in applications and media scanner is running. I cancel this down but phone continues to drain the battery. I deleted the movie file, but still phone remainined hot, obviously doing something but what. Im borderline tech savvy but this one has me stumped. any feedback will be much appreciated.
    ** update ** before last recharge I removed and refitted battery and sim card, commenced charging, phone cooled down and no more battery drain. Still would to know why as intend to use as multimedia device.
  11. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

If you can't fix it, just use a RUU, you'll lose everything though so that's never mice, but it will remove all software issues.

Or just factory reset
  12. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member

You are answering a question from 2010 here, you know :)
  13. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Well-Known Member

Totally knew that...