Phone GMail shows no emails but web gmail shows new emails.

Last Updated:

1. thindery

thindery Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So this thing just started within the past week. My phone's stock gmail app will show new emails so I look at them and then they are all read, showing 0 new.

But when I login to the web browser version, 5 minutes or even later(up to hours later), the web browser gmail is not updating to show that I already read the emails.

Anybody having similar problems? Any suggestions?

I'm on JH2. So maybe it is a bug with the firmware? Or maybe a setting got changed but I'm not seeing how to handle the issue.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. getDange

getDange Well-Known Member

Is your autorefresh/background sync on in the system's configuration?

3. thindery

thindery Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yeah that is on. It's completely weird. Now the phone is saying I have 4 unread emails and when I click it..It only shows 2 unread emails in the actual thread. These are ones that are white and I haven't opened. The read ones are showing gray. This is when viewing the inbox in the gmail app.

So I read those two undread ones and the phone will then show there are still 2 left unread. "Inbox(2)" is what it says at the top. Only problem is.. all the emails are showing on the phone as read (no white ones, all gray). So the notification is wrong somehow.

Now when I go to the web gmail it says 4 unread emails again. so I mark those 4 as all read. It's the 4 most recent too and they match up as the 4 most recent on the gmail app on phone.

Now I go back to my phone... and it has updated to show 0 new emails in the notification within seconds of doing that on the web gmail.

Weird huh? Pretty annoying too. Considering I get emails about every 15 minutes, I never know if it is really "new" or not.

4. getDange

getDange Well-Known Member

I get dozens of emails on my gmail, never experienced this problem. Let us know how this ends up.