• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone goes DEAD every week!

uzee

May 14, 2010
Scotland
OK so randomly every week my phone goes completely off and wont come on again, or random restarts. Sometimes it goes off when i recharging the phone.

Once phone is dead - no led light comes on and it doesn't charge.

So every now and again to make the phone come back alive, i have to connect my phone to the SE Update Service to reboot the phone and start all over again.

Im sure others x10 users have the same problem.

Mines started happening after i installed the android 2.3 update. But dont know if this is the cause of it or not.

What do u think is the exact cause of the problem is?

OK so randomly every week my phone goes completely off and wont come on again, or random restarts. Sometimes it goes off when i recharging the phone.

Once phone is dead - no led light comes on and it doesn't charge.

So every now and again to make the phone come back alive, i have to connect my phone to the SE Update Service to reboot the phone and start all over again.

Im sure others x10 users have the same problem.

Mines started happening after i installed the android 2.3 update. But dont know if this is the cause of it or not.

What do u think is the exact cause of the problem is?

After reinstalling 2.3, did you do a Factory Reset?

If not, I would highly suggest backing up your contacts and whatever files you have on the phone. Then after doing a full 2.3 reinstall skip the 5 step setup process, open Settings, goto Privacy and chose a Factory Reset.

This will remove all the userdata on the phone and I suggest wiping clean the SDCard in the phone by going under storage and unmouting and then formating the SDCard in the phone.

This will ensure all of the garbage from 1.6 and/or 2.1 are all gone fresh after 2.3 is installed.

Apart from that, are there any apps you load on the phone everytime that cause any problems?

I would suggest maybe installing a task manager so you can see what apps are running and which one's might be running but don't need to be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones