• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone going crazy when earphones plugged

HIMitsu

Jan 17, 2012
Somehow recently when I listen to music (on the train usually) using my earphones, sometimes the phone is acting very weird. E.g. it suddenly calls the last contact I had called, or the original music player software starts playing songs randomly but only for a second each, or the voice search is activated...
What's going on? Problem with the earphones? Or the jack/plug? Or the music player? or is it some shaking function? Have no idea..

This happens to be sometimes. But I highly doubt its the same issue for you. I put my headphones in and play my music, lock the screen then put it in my pocket, some how it activates and my phone pocket dials numbers and such on the lock screen password or opens my lockscreen apps or changes songs or sonmething from the lockscreen widget. Really annoying, I don't know why it does that

Upvote 0
Thanks for the answers...

@ redd: So it`s not just me. Yeah, really annoying..
@ IOWA: That`s a good question, haven`t tried any other ones yet, but will soon.
@motorhead: no, no mic..
@ antimonyer: I have an HTC evo 3d. Yeah, I was thinking about posting it in that forum first, but then I thought it might be a general smartphone problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones