• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone going into airplane mode automatically.

rrae113

Lurker
Feb 5, 2011
I have a Droid 2 Global and recently my phone started automatically switching into airplane mode when the screen times out or if I lock the screen. So, everytime I unlock my phone, I have to switch airplane mode off. It is really problematic because it prevents me from receiving texts or calls. This happened for the first time a week ago, so I did a factory reset which remedied the problem temporarily, but now it is occurring again. Id rather not have to go through the factory reset again, so are there any solutions that might will fix this? I haven't downloaded any strange applications, so I cannot figure out what the root of the problem is. Thanks for your advice in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones