Phone got wet, now won't turn on :(

Last Updated:

1. fatcanadian21

fatcanadian21 Active Member

i rooted my phone, put smoked glass on it, got all excited it was great,
    im walking home today and it somehow slipped out of my jacket into a nice little puddle about 2 inches deep. ****ing snow. obviously theres a problem, i got home dried it off put it on, and the Motorola symbol pops up for a second but then goes blank :[ i tried booting into recovery, worked :]. so i figure im in the clear, when i come home from the movies ill unroot it send it back no biggie.

now heres my problem, i come start it up, and it doesnt start up :[ screen wont turn on :[ plug the phone in nothing happens :[ just the white charging light goes on :[

what should i do? im thinking hit it with a hammer and say it was an accident to insurance, but could i wait it out in hopes of it turning on?

pllease help me

2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

I'm not too familiar with the insurance policies, but if you dropped your phone, wouldn't that be covered under insurance anyways?
  3. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

Yes..but if the phone dries out in transit back to them and they see it's rooted..its not covered.

To the could let it dry in a warm dry place over a heater vent..and see if it revives. Take the battery out though. If that doesn't work, run it over with your car or something. .but not a hammer..too obvious lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

Sounds like potential water damage. Check out this Phandroid Article. It explains how do use rice to revive your phone. I'd try this before anything else.
  5. Trident

Placing it somewhere warm will only cause condensation. See my previous post, please.
  6. Ceasernem

Ceasernem Member

You should try putting it in a bowl of uncooked rice
  7. Trident

I have already said that...
  8. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Ouch! I feel for you man. Hope you get your phone working or replaced.
  9. fatcanadian21

alright thanks for the tips, its been a day later and i can get my phone started up :] it still goes only as far as the motorola screen, then nothing, then into bootloader. but still it starts up, this morning i got into my sprecovery and installed the unroot and i really have no idea if it worked, sprecovery still comes up and im stuck again :[

now my computer doesnt read it as a usb device :[ ****. so any advice?

EDIT: i just drowned it in rice, wish me luck
  10. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member

11. lildegregs22

lildegregs22 Well-Known Member

Don't break it i'm pretty sure if you get water damage you got to pay a $100 deductible to the insurance company with sprint.
  12. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

Uncooked rice is a good idea, just takes a while. It acts as a dessicant. The other thing you can do is take it apart, battery door, and battery off and put it on top of the fridge overnight and we if it helps. Good luck
  13. fatcanadian21

well i doubt the rice will work because i let it sit overnight and i blewdry it a little bit last night as well, but why not, if anything hammer + droid + video camera = nexus one video contest. riight? haha
  14. HaunteD CoucH

HaunteD CoucH Well-Known Member

that would be hilarious!
  15. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

16. jackiec

jackiec New Member

Two days dipped in rice and my droid is not waking up :,(
  17. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

so that's why people put rice in salt shakers