Phone hanging/freezingSupport

Last Updated: 2012-03-01 00:09:22
  1. SMAC101

SMAC101 Member

While I'm texting in keyboard mode my phone hangs every so often maybe once a line for about 2-3 seconds which is extremely frustrating when trying to send quick texts. Anyone else get this some days it seems to be worse than others.

Update I thought fixed it for a little while but it's back again same thing.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences this problem or has any solutions or ideas as to why it might be happening.

Cheers guys/gals any suggestions at all appreciated!!

Edit: More info, when in applications running setting there's 156mb of ram being used and 158mb of unused so I can't see this being the problem.

Problematic apps for phone maybe although no lag in other parts of phone just seems to be texting?
    Installed: Angry birds, ASTRO, Cabbage, Next Train Ireland, Poweramp, Stopwatch and timer, Bet2Go lite, Calorie counter, dropbox, facebook, soundboard, whatsapp, Astrid tasks.

Advertisement
  2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Does this primarily happen when you have the keyboard open?
  3. SMAC101

SMAC101 Member

Yeah, never really happens with portrait phonepad.

EDIT: Seems to be getting worse too, hangs for about 3-4 seconds when I tilt the phone to swap from either portrait to landscape keyboard or vice versa.
  4. SMAC101

SMAC101 Member

I've found the problem, which has led to a more easy question for you guys.

Okay the only time my messages is freezing is when I'm texting my girlfriend, as you could understand this thread of messages probably has 20 or 30 times the amount of texts than others and this must be why it freezing/hangs due the huge amount of texts it has to sort. I can't even scroll smoothly in this thread of messages, but I can with others who would have significantly less texts in it.

So the obvious answer is to delete the messages, but being the sentimental prick I am I'd like to keep them somehow, is there anyway to say store these in a separate thread of texts and start a new thread fresh over?

Cheers guys/gals also appreciate the reply Sam
  5. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

There is no specific way to move these around in the messaging section of the handset, but as you are low on space this is a problem.

If you do not want to delete them, I believe My Phone Explorer will let you back these up to a PC for safe keeping so that you can then free up some of the phone memory.
  6. SMAC101

SMAC101 Member

I have 14gb free on my memory card and 150mb of internal memory which is odd. Perhaps not enough processing power although it's only texts, hmm..? Odd why it's hanging to be honest only on this thread of messages too so must be to do with the large amount.