Phone hangs up in calls?Support

Last Updated:

1. johnaachen

johnaachen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Everytime I am on a call for more than about 2-3 minutes my phone hangs up - any idea what could be causing this? App killer maybe?

Advertisement
  2. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

Your cheek?

3. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Ye, I sometimes hit the end call button with my cheek, the sensor doesn't seem to work very well

4. clockwork58

clockwork58 Well-Known Member

Ya I've learned to hold the phone on a 30 to 45 degree and when talking so I don't hit end call by accident.

5. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Are you in a low reception area?

6. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Hi.

Possibly, try setting it to ignore "Settings". I noticed when I first started using ATK that if I killed settings it instantly killed my signal too. Try it and report back with your findings please.

7. johnaachen

Its not the app killer because I have that set to kill every 30 seconds. Its not me hitting the end call because the screen is locked during calls isnt it? Its something that happens about 2-3 minutes into the conversation. I imagine if it was me doing something then it would happen at random times - but this is fairly consistent and annoying! Especiallly when you can barely hear the other person talking....but thats a different thread!

8. X10iUser

Unless you set it to ignore settings you wont know. It was the task killer that killed my signal, there was a similar thread on xda yesterday and the problem was the task killer, so give it a try.

9. MrWomble

MrWomble Well-Known Member

I feel like being sarcastic here, but i won't

will just ask a simple question instead

If you KNOW its not your task killer then you obviously do know what it ACTUALLY is - or have an idea - so why ask the question in the first place ?

Not meaning to cause offence but if somebody has offered a solution then the best thing to do is to try it, not to dismiss it out of hand as it could be the answer you're looking for - unless the above is true

Just a thought:)

10. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

MrWomble is correct. A lot of people fail to find a problem because they usually do not check what is mentioned to them by others, as they sometimes assume that is not the problem, but most of the time, it is the obvious thing.

11. X10iUser

A bit like those on Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares, get him in to sort out their problems, then want to do anything other than what he suggests.

Dropped Calls

12. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

All you have to do, is first disable the task killer, then make a call, if it doesn't drop, you know X10iUser was right. Then follow the instructions he suggested. It's as simple as that

if it doesn't drop, you know that it isn't the problem

13. johnaachen

MrWomble - If it was my AppKiller then my phone calls would only last a maximum of 30 seconds wouldn't they? I tried making a call and then using the App Killer to kill all apps and the call didn't drop out. I also ensured that "Settings" was running and this made no difference...so I don't think it is this causing a problem but I will try turning the app killer off completely.

Don't see how me saying that its not the app killer means that I know what the problem is?!

14. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

what he meant was, if you are so sure it isn't the app killer, without checking to see if it is, then you must know what the problem is.

15. johnaachen

I was reasonably sure it wasnt the app killer because i did some experiments to test it...thats all!

16. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

OK well you could have explained it that way, because I got the impression that you hadn't checked, as you didn't state that you had

MrWomble likes this.
  17. MrWomble

MrWomble Well-Known Member

And apologies if my head works faster than my fingers - sometimes i get ahead of myself and it doesn't come out as it should