Phone has been randomly shutting down post update.Support

Last Updated:

1. pr0virus

pr0virus Member This Topic's Starter

No lagfix here, just root/ sideload.

Ever since I've updated my phone shuts down randomly. Maybe once every other day, sometimes less.

It would be a huge issue but my phone is also my alarm clock for getting up for work at 4am.

Any idea what might be causing this?

I don't have any app killers, or battery savers installed.

One thing I did notice POST update was, when you go into the running applications menu. The uptimes on the system apps seem to indicate the phone shuts them down to sleep or something.

Several times Ive noticed, that even though my phone has been on for several days, the system apps have been running for 5/ 8 hours.

This never happened before the update.

Advertisement
  2. vldroid

vldroid New Member

Hi there... ever figure this out? My Cap has been doing the same thing. Irritated me a few min ago cuz I was on the phone & it just shut down. When I powered back up - it said that it just finished an update. AArrrgghhh!!! How do I stop the auto-updates. I'm still a newbie. Anyone - help....

3. t-red

t-red New Member

Newbie here too. My husband and I both got Captivates about 3 weeks ago. Mine had been having the shut down issues, his did not. The first thing we both did was download the software updates. Mine would just shut down, never while I was using it. It would sit unused for a while and when I'd pick it up and press the button on the side and nothing, press again and it would go to the "World Phone" screen then the ATT swoosh, etc.... I looked the issue up on the forums on Samsung's website and the response to the issue is to do a "soft boot", turn phone off, pull the battery, put it back in and re-boot, adn if that didn't work, call tech support to send in for service ....I went back to Best Buy today and they gave me a new phone since it was less than 30 days old.

4. Humpty67

Humpty67 New Member

I downloaded "Captivate Keep Alive" from the app store and my phone stopped shutting off. It had something to do with the phone going into suspend mode when it hit 85% battery life. After I installed the app I made the following changes and it's been over a month now since my phone stopped shutting off by itself. Good Luck :D

Settings \ Sound and Display \ Screen Timeout: 10 minutes

Captivate Keep Alive Setting: 2 percent

5. a2gtinut

a2gtinut Active Member

my phone crashes with 100% bat. Nothing installed on it. Waiting for replacement to come in the mail.

6. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

I got an extra battery with an external charger, so I seldom, if ever plug the phone directly to the charger..knock on wood I haven't had the shut down problem..could be related to fully charging and not unplugging the charger