phone has internet but no signalSupport

Last Updated: 2012-09-09 02:11:46
  1. kagekiid

kagekiid Well-Known Member

Can someone please help me. My phone has full 4G but no actual service. I can explore the internet fine but I cannot send/receive texts or calls. I refuse to factory reset my phone because there are too many person things on it that cannot be restored. Can anyone help me out?

Advertisement
  2. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

Try updating your prl from your phone dialing.*228
  3. kagekiid

I have no idea what that means
  4. ManlyParasite

ManlyParasite Well-Known Member

Dial*228 and choose the option to update the preferred roaming list (PRL)
  5. kagekiid

I don't want roaming charges. How can I dial anything if I don't have service? Plus I'm in my home. I'm not outside of the network
  6. ManlyParasite

ManlyParasite Well-Known Member

You don't get roaming charges for it, it just tells your what towers to connect to
  7. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

When you dial # does it go to the LG Hidden Menu?
  8. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Not to be funny but when was the last time you paid your metro phone bill.:D:eek::banghead:
  9. BRAINZ2013

Do you know how to use any cut or signal refresher they can be downloaded from the market they are apps that will do something similar to prl updater .
  10. kagekiid

Yes when I dial # the lg hidden menu appears. I hard reset my phone and it still shows. I have no idea what these others are talking about. I went to the metro store, they told me I had a virus and to factory reset it,, I did but it still didn't work
  11. kagekiid

I can't dial anything. I don't have service
  12. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

13. kagekiid

Ok, I was reading over it and it says if you have service go to the Test Mode Fix section. Do I still download and do all the stuff it says inbetween there?

Nevermind. I did all of these things and it worked but when I try to make a call it says this stuff about "making collect call" and what not. I don't trust the customer service since they told me to hard reset my phonne. Any help?
  14. BRAINZ2013

It sounds like u didn't use the proper prl if it said collect calls . If the 3031 don't work try 3027 and do the *228 to update and then try to place call ...make sure you entering the proper account information after you apply the spc code
  15. Sppookkyy

Sppookkyy Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me not that long ago! But this happened after I dropped my phone and battery flew out! When I turned the phone back on i couldn't make calls, receive/send msgs but 4G was working fine... I had thought it might of bin my antenna? So I just got a replacement from the insurance company. Did you drop your phone prior to it not working?