• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone internal memory problem

mli3298

Lurker
Sep 19, 2011
Hey Guys,

So I am trying to access my phones internal memory on my computer because I want to put some more songs on the phone, however, now when it connect it to the computer, the computer only recognizes the SD card of the phone but not the phone's internal memory.

It never did this before. When I first got the phone, I was able to choose in My Computer, whether I wanted to access to the SD card or the phones internal memory. I was able to see the pictures I took with my phone and put songs into it. When I connect my phone to the computer, I am unable to view the internal memory of the phone while on the phone itself. I disconnect it from PC and I try to go into gallery to look at the pictures I took and they aren't there. My music is not there either. I would have to turn my phone off and turn it back on for it to return to its normal state so I can't do anything with the internal memory anymore.

Also, I do not know if this is related to the problem but when I connect my phone to PC and it asks me if I want to turn my phone on as a USB device and I hit ok, nothing happens so I would have to turn it on a second time for it to work. I have to do this everytime I connect my phone to the computer.

Help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Do you have the latest drivers?

Could be a Windows issues (which version?)

Is it USB 2.0? My old 1.1 USB with Windows XP Home never recognized my Nexus One.

Did you try restarting the computer?

If worse comes to worst, you can put it on your SD card, then move it via the Polaris Office app that's on the phone.

Upvote 0
Yes, i downloaded all of the latest drivers for the phone,

I use windows 7

It is USB 2.0

I have tried restarting the computer

How do i transfer things with the polaris app?

The internal memory used to be recognized by the computer, now it doesn't for some off reason.

I'm really not sure. Did you try enabling it as a mass storage device only? Disabling it?

Not too familiar with 7, I'd try deleting the drivers, then reinstalling them.

As far as Polaris is concerned, here's a small writeup.

If that's annoying, you can also try searching the market for file explorers, that way, once you transfer it to the SD you can move it to the internal without cables.

Or better yet, look for a wifi file explorer. Or Winamp to wirelessly transfer the files to your phone.

Upvote 0
I have a question about internal memory as well. g2x has 8 gb of internal memory right? Well how does that work? I go to my settings and check sd and internal memory and it says I have 5 gbs of "phone memory" and 1 gb of "internal phone storage." What does that mean? whats the difference and how does it work exactly? what gets sent where interms of the memory?

Upvote 0
I have a question about internal memory as well. g2x has 8 gb of internal memory right? Well how does that work? I go to my settings and check sd and internal memory and it says I have 5 gbs of "phone memory" and 1 gb of "internal phone storage." What does that mean? whats the difference and how does it work exactly? what gets sent where interms of the memory?

8 Gigs: 5 gigs of internal space, 1 gig of app space, the other 2 gigs for OS and whatever LG uses it for.

Upvote 0
Since a lot of People Having Problem in Internal Memory Space.
By the Heart of Pilipino Pride Man. We Help those who need Help.
Be A Good Samaritan.

Here is the Instructions To Clear/Clean Internal Memory of Android Phones

1. Dial * # 9900 #

2. Select/Click "Copy to SD"..
( this will copy all dump files from internal to SD Card, because all dump files consumes large amount of internal memory) Note: Only Select the "Copy to SD" Be carefull...

And see the MAGGGGIIIICCCCCC internal MEMORY FREE..

. -----You May Experiment to Another Android Phones Using this Instructions------------------By: Donald IT/Support Doha Qatar...Mabuhay Pilipinas.!!!!...

And I HOPE IT HELPS A LOT....!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones