• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone is constantly over heating.

Phone has been overheating all morning. From 8am to 12:40pm until I plugged it on the charger. Now its just warm. The battery completely drained and I never even had any apps running. I used the app killer to make sure I wasn't running anything. I barely used the phone this morning except for three text messages and sent an email. I just got a new battery sent from Verizon, I don't understand why it spazzed out on me.

this could be due to GPS.. which was the case with me.. see if you have the satellite dish symbol on your phone on the top.. the gps wouldn't shut down for me when I wasn't using navigation.. and it heated up the phone like crazy.. I had to reboot the phone to make it go away.. and things got normal after that..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones