• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone is driving me crazy!! help needed!!

redroxy

Lurker
Dec 3, 2011
hiya everyone,
i purchased a sony ericsson xperia play last week , i was shocked to find out there wasnt any instructions with the phone and had to figure it out by going through the phone thoroughly to learn how to use it.
one thing i cannot manage to figure out though is how to connect to my wifi. i am using a belkin n router which works fine with my laptop but when i try and connect through the phone it picks up the router but has a yellow hazard triangle over the signal strength icon and tells me it has limited connectivity. Ive tried to connect to the internet but it just wont do it. Please can anyone help as its driving me crazy, i bought the phone so i could use the internet easily...seeing as the laptop is always in use by someone else in the household.
would appreciate any advice / help

To connect to Wifi go to...

Menu>Settings>Wireless & Networks>Wi-Fi Settings You'll then have a list of avaliable connections. Select the one you want to connect to and you should be asked to put in you WPA/WEP password (if you haven't manually set one it will be found on the back of your router.)

In my experience a yellow triangle means it's connected but is lacking Log on information such as the WPA password. It also happens to me when I connect to my Uni's wifi where I have to open the (stock) browser and log into my Uni account.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Vorbis
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones