• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone is Getting too Warm! Help!

Cool4x4

Lurker
Jul 6, 2012
Hey everyone I am new to these forums and I just got my Galaxy Nexus (LTE I guess...). I absolutely love it! The only thing I do not like is that the phone will get very warm and then hot when I use any apps or make any calls. It is actually getting very warm now as I am typing this. It does not get warm on the battery but on the front top right corner or back top left corner (by the camera and on the front camera). I was wondering if this is a known issue, if other people are having this issue, and if there is a fix. This gave me a fright when it first happened. Also, is this bad for the phone?

This also happens to mine. So, my thought, would be that is where the CPU is... I could be wrong... either way... I would think it's bad for it...

However, it's been that way since I bought it.. but it depends on how many things you have running. If I am charging and using it for a game or something it actually starts to burn my fingers.. but I just let it cool down and do it's thing... so yea.

Upvote 0
stop using it every 90 seconds...we were all guilty of it when we first got our gnex's. but once you start using it as a smartphone and not a toy you are obsessed with, it wont be as bad. prolonged use of the screen/internet is going to keep the phone warm....no getting passed that...

This is very true.. as I was also guilty of it. Now it just gets hot from tethering too much. lol

Either way, it's true. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones