Phone is going crazy! (2 devices)Support

Last Updated:

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Both my phone, and my wifes phone within 1 hour of each other, went nuts!! She hasnt got any apps, except gmail

For example she would be reading an email and scroll down, the the phone would scroll up by itself

or sitting on the home screen, phone will slide to the next screen on its own

both of our phones did exact same things

mine was followed by a few power down's, and a few times it took a long time to turn back on

wth??

Advertisement
  2. rsarno

oh btw we arent rooted, have very few apps, and have had phones for exactly 2 weeks today.

could the 2 week mark be something??

3. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

is there an iphone nearby? do you have ghosts? trying rebooting, and what are you setting them on?

4. rsarno

what does an iphone have to do with it? I actually do have an iphone nearby

and i did reboot it, actually it rebooted on its own several times (another issue im having) and its still hapening sporatically

5. jmwood

jmwood Well-Known Member

Mine did that once, I concluded it to static electricity..

Twiz likes this.
  6. rsarno

But both devices? both on the 14th day since activation, and being used by 2 different people in 2 different rooms?

this has me worried. I have already been analyzing and debugging this random reboot thing, now i have this to worry about.

wth, this phone is nearly flawless, i guess it just had to have some issues :(

7. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Apple doesn't like us. :D I'd try turning them off, pull out the battery, and rebooting. One could be bad luck, two at the same time freaking out is weird.

8. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

She should clean the optical joystick.:) Wipe it with a microfiber cloth (maybe with a few drops of eyeglass cleaner or plain water on the cloth) to remove dust and finger oils.

You should clean yours too.;) Not all that surprising it would happen to two phones in the same house, and possibly handled by the same people.

My guess would be that this is unrelated.

9. rsarno

We literally have not touched the joystick for anything at all. and have only had phone for 2 weeks, very delicate with it :(

10. DHSFed

DHSFed Member

I and many of my co-workers with the same phone have had the screen scrolling issue from time to time. We have always re-calibrated the G-Sensor in the "Sounds & Display" portion after pulling the battery out for a minute or so and the problem goes away. We have noticed that it happens most often after the phones have been on for several hours which could possibly be from heat build up?? Not exactly sure but it seems to clear up the problem for a week or so, then repeat.

Other issues we have experience are:

#1 Inability to change wallpapers, the action goes through as if it is working but the image reverts to one of the HTC wallpapers.

Solution: Shutdown phone and reboot, fixes every single time.

#2 The volume control on the side of the phone will begin adjusting the media volume instead of the call volume.

Solution: Same deal, shutdown phone and restart, fixes instantly.

Please note: it isn't just your phones, I would contribute most of it to Android 2.1 or earlier software versions. Hopefully, once 2.2 comes out most of the issues will be resolved. Pay close attention to what items you download from the marketplace. There is alot of Beta software being released with bugs that cause alot of issues which is patched whenever the issues come to light. I love my phone and received it on release day, no phone is perfect but this comes very close.....enjoy!!

11. AttorneyIncredible

AttorneyIncredible Well-Known Member

my first phone did this, was absolutely crazy.

I sent it back as there is not fix.

Second phone seems to be ok, but I would not be surprised if it starts doing weird things again, it appears the INC has serious QC issues.