• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone is hosed - How to reload OS

boilator

Apr 25, 2010
I tried to apply the downgrade PB... img file to get my software to 1.22.605.0. When I tried to flash the image and mt0 files I received an error stating 'not enough space available'.

So I restarted the phone and I now get 'HTC DIAG' diver install popup window and whenever I unplug the usb cable, the phone powers down and restarts.

I can't see my files on the SD card and I have an SD card error.

Is there any way to reload the OS on the phone? I might have bricked it and It's my brother-in-laws.

Lator

I can get the phone to reboot, make calls and use the internet. But... the sdcard will not mount, and I cannot get it back to the software version prior to the 2.1 update 1. I'm trying to get it back so I can manually update to Froyo.

I have clockwork recovery loaded on it but not sure what else I can do. I tried to load the Froyo update.zip file but it errored out.

Lator

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones