• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone is laggy?

I guess it's all relative though. I'm not coming from an iPhone so maybe ignorance is bliss but I don't really notice much of a lag at all on my phone. I guess the rendering during scroll isn't completely smooth (i.e. the scrolling) as it could be but to me I wouldn't call it lagging. I haven't really added much of anything to the phone yet so maybe I would notice it more if I had a longer list.

Upvote 0
Maybe that will be improved. I just got a myTouch 3G Slide which definitely doesn't have a snapdragon but I haven't had any lag, even with scrolling and leap. My guess is because the GPU has to work less hard since it's HVGA instead of the Evo's WVGA, but you'd think they'd work that out for such a high end device.

Upvote 0
im having the same problem, everything seems really slow. ive only installed about 10 apps, so i dont think thats the cause. in every review video ive seen the phone is very smooth, and thats what everyone liked about it. when i go to send a text and turn the phone sideways, it takes about 3 seconds for the keyboard to finally turn sideways.

Upvote 0
My Evo is lightening fast, better than every I-phone I've ever seen or used.

I've been heavily using it, downloaded 59 apps, opened many of them. changed wallpapers several times, have music playing in background.... and no issues at all. Scrolling thru apps, and 7 home screens is as fast & seamless as could possibly be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones