Phone is laggy?Support

Last Updated:

1. droidtime

droidtime Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The phone seems laggy. When I open up the app launcher, scrolling through them isn't smooth. Also, when I use the leap function, it lags switching between showing all 7 home screens and going to an individual one. Anyone else notice this?

Advertisement
  2. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

Yes. It's normal. Not as fluid as iPhone unfortunately.

3. droidtime

droidtime Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Damn. I've even been stingy with the amount of apps I put on the phone--thought the lag could be a result of background apps, but I guess not.

4. netmag

netmag Active Member

I guess it's all relative though. I'm not coming from an iPhone so maybe ignorance is bliss but I don't really notice much of a lag at all on my phone. I guess the rendering during scroll isn't completely smooth (i.e. the scrolling) as it could be but to me I wouldn't call it lagging. I haven't really added much of anything to the phone yet so maybe I would notice it more if I had a longer list.

5. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Maybe that will be improved. I just got a myTouch 3G Slide which definitely doesn't have a snapdragon but I haven't had any lag, even with scrolling and leap. My guess is because the GPU has to work less hard since it's HVGA instead of the Evo's WVGA, but you'd think they'd work that out for such a high end device.

6. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I think it's smooth on the Incredible... doesn't it have the same screen resolution?

7. sitlet

sitlet Banned

im having the same problem, everything seems really slow. ive only installed about 10 apps, so i dont think thats the cause. in every review video ive seen the phone is very smooth, and thats what everyone liked about it. when i go to send a text and turn the phone sideways, it takes about 3 seconds for the keyboard to finally turn sideways.

8. Soupiusmaximus

Soupiusmaximus Member

This phone is lightning fast. I have no idea what you're referring to...

9. sweeptheleg

sweeptheleg Member

In every review ive seen when they open the app launcher and scroll there is clearly stutter. Its def not a deal breaker but would be nice to see fixed in 2.2

10. beechler7dk

beechler7dk Member

My Evo is lightening fast, better than every I-phone I've ever seen or used.

I've been heavily using it, downloaded 59 apps, opened many of them. changed wallpapers several times, have music playing in background.... and no issues at all. Scrolling thru apps, and 7 home screens is as fast & seamless as could possibly be.