Phone is more responsive on 1x then "3g".Support

1. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Well-Known Member

I've noticed that when my phone is in 1x mode, if I get the little white up/down arrows icon it's quite fast and responsive, even with no "signal" bars - almost as fast as when I'm in a wifi spot. Yet when it's in so-called "3G" mode, it's noticeably slower.

Is there any way to set it so that it stays on 1x? Do you guys advise doing this?

If there is a pre-existing thread I apologize and would appreciate being linked to same. I just didn't want to look through 21 pages of threads while on my phone.

lol @ "then" typo in title. >.<

Advertisement
    :
  2. yahhboy

yahhboy Well-Known Member

There you go :)https://market.android.com/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff
    Set it to "cdma only" it also saves battery since you're not switching between 1x and 3g all the time.
    And yeah I have the same problem, but its just where I live I guess the 3g is not implemented that well here so I can't get data whatsoever often when on 3g and it usually just switched back to 1x, but in orlando I can get good data on 3g
  3. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Well-Known Member

I switched to 1x last night and wow @ the difference! Much faster than the capped 3g.

I'm averaging speeds approaching Wifi speed.

I was gonna get a 4g phone but now? I'll keep my optimus m as long as things stay like this. :)