1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Phone is on, but screen does not work (potentially damaged screen)Support

1. redraptor

redraptor Well-Known Member

Hey all

Ok so I have a bit of a problem. I went out to play airsoft today, and during one game, I forgot my phone with in my pocket. Half way through the game, I noticed it was and quickly tucked it away in a nice padded part of my load out. Well after getting back to the staging area, I attempted to take my phone out and keep using it. I noticed the screen was completely black and didnt want to work. Im still getting notifications sounds and various other bits of feedback, but just a black screen. I attempted to reboot the device and throw it into the boot load screen, but no luck. It just restarts the phone. Any ideas?! Im getting concerned!

---

The HTC One was acquired through a giveaway at my work. It was a special for mobile sales reps. It is an AT&T model and one of the originals. It is not a refurb and runs of AT&T. It is not rooted. I do not have insurance since the plan was done through an employee plan. I wanted to set it up, but the rep never responded, so I let it go.

The back and home buttons light up fine, but do not seem responsive. It seems almost as though the proximity sensor is being triggered. It makes all the normal noises, vibrations ect. it always does.

Advertisement
    :
    marctronixx likes this.
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

are you rooted?
    what carrier?
    how long have you had the phone? is it new or refurb?

if you have an htc one (difficult to tell based on your signature),

just take it in for service.

things you can try:

let the battery deplete
    press and hold the power button for 30 seconds or so
    press and hold the power and UP button to attempt a restart

can you connect it to the computer and see the file structure?

does it ring if you call it?

other than that, you could have a physical issue.

its very hard to diagnose over the internet and its best to have a tech or someone local check it out.

use your insurance you pay for....
  3. James_Bond

James_Bond Well-Known Member

The screen on your phone has gone out either by malfunctioning or damage and need to be replaced. If your phone still recognizes your touch (vibrates when you touch it, unless you had that setting turned off) then you won
    marctronixx likes this.
  4. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

I'd initiate a warranty claim w/HTC:

http://dl4.htc.com/Web_materials/Manual/Warranty/Android/0525_G_WarrantyEULA_76x126_US-BP.pdf

Contact Us
    marctronixx likes this.