Phone is randomly off....

Last Updated:

1. karallam

karallam Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, just got the phone yesterday afternoon. Rooted last night :)

Anyways i will be using my phone, set it down for a minute, screen turns off then the phone magically isnt on anymore. I have to do a battery pull to get it back on. The power button will not turn it on.

any help anyone can give me :) its reallllly annoying

update

So it was figured out that is was setcpu that was making the phone act weird, BUT now that there is an overclock kernel out that works(flashed and works perfect) how can i fix the issue of my phone randomly turning off? ive tried profiles but that hasnt helped.

and please dont say dont overclock

Advertisement
  2. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member

Happened to me 3 times on Saturday. Removed SetCPU and working fine....not sure if you have that or not

3. vdubbin

vdubbin Well-Known Member

I had the same problem, once I removed my SetCPU profile for the "screen off" it's been function ok. I tried to keep it on and mess with different values/scales, but I always had problems coming out of sleep and or was forced to do a battery pull. To bad, I was hoping to use that to increase battery life. I must admit, the phone has been gettting better than expected battery life without it!

I'm wondering if there's a pre-existing power manager that's conflicting with a "screen off" profile...

4. karallam

I "did" have setcpu :)

thanks guys, we will see if that works

5. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I've had setcpu since day 1 of my root and I've not run into this phenomenon. Glad you guys figured it out. Admittedly, without a custom ROM to overclock I probably dont need the setcpu right now as Im not sure my profile has really done much to improve my battery life. As you guys said the SF is getting pretty damn good battery life

6. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member

Yeah, me either. And frankly, the battery life is already so much better than the HTC phones it probably wouldnt make that much of a difference anyway

7. vdubbin

vdubbin Well-Known Member

Yep, SetCPU is probably pointless till we get an OC kernal working, especially since the profiles don't seem to work well with the Fascinate...

I'm wondering if some of the other variations of the Galaxy S have developed a way to OC or adjust voltage yet? I haven't visited the other forums, but it looked like the Captavate forum has the largest following out of the Galaxy S phone line, may see what they're up to!

8. karallam

up for new problem to address :)

9. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Fire away its your thread or make a new one ;)

10. karallam

its in the op, but setcpu is making the phone randomly turn off, thats with oc kernel or stock kernel. i want to overclock but it sucks everytime the screen goes off the phone turns off.

any thoughts?

11. saps

saps Well-Known Member

12. karallam

jt's, its in the topic in #samsung-fascinate