Phone is randomly resettingSupport

Last Updated:

1. burgertime

burgertime Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This started this morning. My phone randomly started resetting. At first I thought this was an issue with it coincidently soft rebooting while in my pants pocket. However I've had it sitting on my desk and it's randomly reset twice now with in a span of about 2o minutes. Anyone else seen this issue?

Advertisement
  2. pde

pde New Member

I too am having this problem this morning. The only clue I have is through JuiceDefender: "Custom 'weird' ROM detected!"

Anyone have any thoughts?

3. bosplya

bosplya Active Member

I am having the same problem. Once the dish comes on. My phone resets

4. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

After turning off my EVO it would wake itself up after 10 seconds, go back to sleep for 10 seconds and repeat the cycles.

Culprit was a downloaded MicroClock widget. Got rid of it and I got rid of the problem.

5. CapnChainsaw

CapnChainsaw New Member

Same here. It's a crap shoot with Navigation and/or Google Goggles. As soon as those apps open, the phone reboots.

6. denise1768

denise1768 Well-Known Member

my son said his is resetting a few times a day in his pants pocket. I had it happen once, but I don't know what i had open.

7. Townsey24

Townsey24 Member

Yup, mine restarts a couple times a day. I'll be walking around with my phone in the holster and I'll start hearing the Sprint 4g music start playing like I just turned it on.

8. gapoochi

gapoochi Member

mine has been doing it since i got it occassionally. Today it has done it over 20 times.
    Not sure what's happening. it's def. more often wen i have gps on.

9. paynekiller

paynekiller Active Member

I notice mine usually resets while I'm in a call and trying to do something else at the same time while I have bluetooth on. What will happen is I'll notice the screen lock up for about 10 secs, then it will disconnect the BT and switch to speaker for about 3secs before resetting. And every time it resets the Home/Menu/Back/Search buttons will never work and I have to turn it off and back on for it to be fully functional again, the screen works fine tho but what can be done if the Home and Back buttons aren't working..
    Happened the most to me today, dont know how to fix it apart from HTC patching us or something

10. NOBAMA

NOBAMA Member

Saw this thread the other day and was thinking boy am I lucky this is not happening to me! Until....today!!! Strong wtf? This morning my phone woke me up to the opening sound. Then later in the day when I was on the phone, it just resets on me again... I sure hope this gets fixed. Not to mention every now and than I get crappy voice quality while talking to someone. I sure do love this phone and I don’t ever want to go back to iphone...but if these issues keep coming up without a remedy, I just might reconsider