• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone is stuck on 4G splash screen...

So I'm having the same issues that a lot of other users have been having. Phone shutting off at 70% batt or so, battery super swollen. On top of that, my widgets disappear every time the phone is rebooted, forcibly or just shutting off. Now, it doesn't turn on at all. Just gets to the 4G page and stays there, then it gets super hot before I have to take the battery out. Any ideas? I was rooted. I think I've unrooted and am on stock kernel, but I can't say for sure.

I ran into problems before I unrooted. It all stemmed from the battery swell. I think I messed up when I tried unrooting it. While restarting, I held down the UP Vol and did a full wipe from there. It cleared up the widget disappearing problem. Got a new battery today for free from a cool Sprint Store rep who was lazy to find one in the back to sell me. Apparently they have tons of spare parts lying around. Everything seems to run better now that I have a new battery. Hopefully this one doesn't start to swell like the first one. I've been trying to read into it, but has anyone pinpointed a reason as to why batteries have been swelling? I feel rooting plays a part or something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones