phone is telling me i need to activate after just recently changed my dun/nai settings

Last Updated:

1. gutknecht

gutknecht New Member

I recently bought the LG marquee thru BOOST, after changing my dun/nai settings to be able to tether, i have lost signal and been told i need to activate my phone. i tried to restart the phone... didnt help, i had to pull the battery several times and it finally came back around. i did notice that when phone is not operating properly my dun/nai settings that i would change to "no" to be able to tether after a restart is already set to "no" and my ppp network is saying "undetermined", instead of "sprint"???? What is causing this and what do i need to do to correct or keep this from happening again.

Advertisement
  2. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

I would check this thread out 1st and then flash the zip for your carrier. That should fix everything. If you don't have service.... you may need to do a forced activation. ##your MSL here#. If that doesn't work you'll need to contact you service provider.

Flashing this will put you back at rooted stock. Also, you should not lose service either. I've done this quite a few times just to wipe my phone and start fresh. It's very easy to do. Matter of fact, I just flashed the Boost zip yesterday and re-installed everything.

DO NOT DO A BATTERY PULL WHEN FLASHING THIS!!!!!! Let it go through its process.

http://androidforums.com/marquee-all-things-root/534062-rom-stock-rooted-zvc-zv4-sprint-boost.html
  3. dracodoc

dracodoc Member

I also met problems after using the hidden menu method to tether, and I've to reboot the phone.
    I suggest you use wifi tether with root instead of the hidden menu method. If your phone is updated and cannot be root, you can try the method mentioned in this forum to first downgrade to older version then root.

4. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm running CTMod3.68 and my hotspot works fine. Strange that a few of you can't get it to work.
  5. Saxön

Saxön Well-Known Member

I never have on any CTMod version and three different Marquee's!!!

Wireless tether works great though :D
  6. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Well-Known Member

Wet, it's probably a hardware issue. Kind of like the over clock for the prevail, some could over clock while some could not.