• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone just flashes

hahanope88

Lurker
Jul 8, 2011
I was messing around with my phone today (nothing rooted) I havent updated the phone since I got it, so I figured I would go to the Settings to try Software Update and see if an update was available.

Updated the phone, says it was Sucessful and then it said it'd reboot.....it never rebooted. lol

The phone lights flash, it vibrates then nothing happens. No boot screen, MetroPCS logo or anything. I'm not really...intellegent when it comes to updating androids or how to work around them with programs. Does anyone know what I can do??

If i plug it in the PC via USB it doesnt recognize it...

i went to the phone/storage tab i believe...and Software Update, and i didnt really expect anything to happen haha but it said it was a Firmware update, then it installed and said it was Successful and that the phone was gonna restart...but since then it hasnt done anything but flash lights when i try to cut it on

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones